Please note that due to recent construction around our area, our mailing address has changed to 295 Milliken Blvd., however you can still find us in the same place as always. Looking forward to seeing you and your families soon!
Did you know our nut butters have become one of our best selling products? Among them, our customers go nuts (pun intended) for our all natural, preservative free almond butter. With the holiday season approaching, we've found a recipe that your family or dinner guests will LOVE without packing on the pounds. Check out the ingredients and directions below. We tried it and it only took 30 mins from start to finish, and it wasn't long until they were devoured!!!
1/4 cup agave nectar/maple syrup/honey
1. Optional step: Toast your oats and pecans in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Otherwise, leave them raw.
2. Process walnuts in a food processor until a loose meal is reached. Remove from bowl and set aside.
3. Add dates and process until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a dough like consistency.
4. Add walnut meal and cocoa or cacao powder back in with the dates and process to combine.
5. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the (toasted) oats and nuts and stir to combine. You may have to use your hands to really incorporate the mixture well.
6. Next, warm honey and almond butter in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until combined and pourable. Pour over brownie mixture and then thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
7. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a 9 x 13 dish (or similar size pan) lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
8. If using a 9x13, ONLY USE 3/4 of the pan so they have the proper thickness. Otherwise they'll be too thin. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and press down firmly to even out the top. Freeze for 15-20 minutes to harden.
8. Lift bars from pan and chop into 12 even bars (or more if you prefer). Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge to keep them extra fresh. They will get a little sticky when left out at room temp.
Credits to Minimalist Baker for the recipe.
* December 6, 2015
The holiday season is fast approaching and the temperature is dipping. We've introduced a new product that's sure to keep you and your loved ones warm in this weather. Our Instant Black Sesame Cereal is made with premium black sesame seeds and none of that bad stuff--no preservatives, no artificial flavourings and colours--for your peace of mind. Plus, all you have to do is add hot water, stir, and enjoy. This toasty cereal will surely remind you of fond childhood memories--we really hope you enjoy it! Happy holidays to everyone from U&M!
* November 17, 2014
Hope everyone has been staying warm and dry in this snowy weather! In the meantime, we've updated our products section with our new exciting lineup. Our all natural sesame butters are a great alternative to overly-processed peanut butters made with additives. They come in black sesame versions and a natural sesame version. We've also added the superhero Milled Premium Seeds Blend, which is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Even better, you can get all these advantages by just merely mixing it with milk, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, or any drink and snack! Finally, check out my swanky new bags for the Praline Peanuts and Sweet & Spicy Peanuts, perfect for munching on while watching some TV. We hope you enjoy them because we sure have!
* August 15, 2013
We have updated our catalogue to include our new bestselling products! Check them out below: